TMJ/ Bruxism Therapy & Splints • General & Preventive Dentistry
Maintain Your Smile
Click on a link below to learn more about our other General & Preventive Dentistry services
TMJ/ Bruxism Therapy & Splints (stop grinding teeth at night!)
TMJ disorders (also called TMD disorders) cause tenderness and pain in the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) — the joint on each side of your head in front of your ears, where your lower jawbone meets your skull. This joint allows you to talk, chew and yawn.
TMJ disorders are caused by many different types of problems: arthritis, jaw injury, or muscle fatigue from clenching or grinding your teeth during sleep or while awake. Teeth grinding is also referred to as Bruxism in the dental field.
What are the symptoms of TMJ Disorder?
- Pain or tenderness in the face, jaw joint area, neck and shoulders, and in or around the ear when you chew, speak, or open your mouth wide
- Limited ability to open the mouth very wide
- Jaws that get “stuck” or “locked” in the open or closed mouth position
- Clicking, popping, or grating sounds in the jaw joint when opening or closing the mouth
- Difficulty chewing or a sudden uncomfortable bite
- Swelling on the side of the face
There are several options for treating TMJ/TMD disorder, with surgery being the last resort option. We offer custom-fit night guards – or splints – that can help you stop grinding your teeth at night. We will create a night guard oral appliance specifically for you, so that it will fit comfortably and not prevent you from sleeping. By managing your Bruxism, we can lessen the symptoms of TMJ.
If you would like to learn more about our custom-fit night guards, call us today to set an appointment.
Improving Your Smile Can Be Easy & Affordable
Schedule a Consultation with us TODAY!
Do you have questions? We are here to help you. Please call for immediate assistance.
We are pleased to offer non-insured patients an In-house Dental Savings Plan.
Free Second Opinion
Got a diagnosis you are not sure about? Bring in your X-Rays for a second opinion.
For Dental Implants, Implant Dentures or Invisalign® Clear Braces.
$1000 OFF Dental Implants*
Regular $4,747. Offer expires in 60 days.
* Offer available for new and existing patients for their first implant. Offer only valid if completing treatment with abutment and crown. Call for details. Advertised fee is the minimum fee, subject to clinical need. One or more of these ADA codes may reflect the treatment rendered under this offer. D6010, D6057, D6058.
Monday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.